Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to the Land in Klickitat County, Washington

Ida set out to Washington today to see those famous back-to-the-landers Kristy Athens and Mike Midlo ...

(who, incidentally, sports Ida's same hairdo)...

It took a while for Ida to warm up to Mike, due to his beard, but once she got closer she knew this would be no mistake at all.

So many pleasures there, outside of White Salmon.

Ida ate everything and partied like crazy.


Here's an experimental film we made while in Washington. It involves the Athens/Midlo chickens, Ida, and a soundtrack of Kristy describing a pig fight she witnessed from close quarters at the county fair:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pig fight. I like that. Taking chunks out of each other? Pigs. I never would have guessed. Thanks for the porcine education, Pete.

Anonymous said...

Facinating film. I like Ella's feigned interest in the pig story! Esp. the "okay..." at the end.

Anonymous said...

I did not write the above comment. I should have known Arthur was up to no good when he asked me how to spell "pig" and "feign" and then "interest."

S.A. said...

Cool!
This post makes me think of Ramona Quimby...she lived on Klickitat Street.

Pete said...

Ella was actually entranced with this pig story; I was there; thing was, she was slightly distracted by the possibility that "Red Chicken" would tear off Ida's finger, should Ida stick it through the chicken wire. Ferocious.