Saturday, June 13, 2009

Strawberries

So we loaded up the girls in the moving van and headed out to Sauvie Island for some U-Pick action.

Except Theo had to take a nap (she does have her own blog, btw, commenter) and Arthur had something more fun to do, so it was just these ladies:

We're talking here about the "Mt. Hood" strawberries, smaller, more fragile, juicier, better than their big cousins.


Ida ate about thirty dollars worth.




The girls discuss the experience:




Eventually Ida ate so many strawberries that she headed into a lengthy soliloquy about Trader Joe's and explaining to various berrypickers that her name was Ida Rock, and then she started tackling Elsie.



Around the corner? Blueberries.

3 comments:

other Amy said...

Darn I was hoping to see a movie of the soliloquy. I too have lots of ideas and opinions about Trader Joe's.

DKV said...

I love Elsie's facial expression in picture #4. Enthused.

Also, the MAVVER sounds like she just woke up.

arthur and maggie said...

I want everyone to notice that Ida dressed like Morticia for this event. Who lets their daughter go strawberry picking in mid-June wearing a black velvet dress?