Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ida vs. Hugh



Monsieur Hochman came by to eat some of that salmon. He's an old friend of Ida's. Check it out, 22 months or so ago:



A return to the archives yielded this yet earlier photo:



And I checked the comments, where I was rightly questioned bout the rapid onset aging these young girls have visited upon me. It's true. Suddenly I am in my mid-fifties. LIke most men similarly afflicted, I've fled to growing facial hair (a "different," not an "older" look) and doing interminable ab exercises.

3 comments:

arthur and maggie said...

Wow, Pete you looked a lot younger then.

Anonymous said...

Hugh doesn't seem to age at all. Are we sure he can be trusted with your daughters?

Pete said...

Thing is, dude a) doesn't have any kids, b) spends 200 days a year fishing, and c) speaks French much of the time, which (as many can attest) is known as the language of love, and which keeps ones facial muscle tones and one's embouchure stellar.

The real question is how Ella, who carried these brutes, doesn't age.