Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Cold Bright Days

Okay, so this morning Miki wore underpants to school; I put a diaper underneath her in her car seat, but she arrived at TIH still dry. I've been told by impatient followers that it was time for a new post, but I wanted to update you on that. Speaking of TIH, I'll steal a couple photos. Here's from back when it was kind of snowy:



Miki often thinks she's very cool while she's at school.


This morning it was cold and frosty again, and I had a very difficult time convincing the four girls to walk from the moving van to the door of the school. I mean, they actively left the van, but then wouldn't go inside because they wanted to lick everything with ice on it and to proclaim where they saw frost. "On this leaf over here, too!" "Look! On this plant!" "What? On the stairs?"

In the very RIE environment, the sisters often interact quite openly.


Our good friend Sung-Ji doesn't often have to deal with such excitement, as she lives in Florida, but she can make a very fine hat for those in colder climes. This, which may have been a birthday present for Ella, is ably modeled by Ida here:

And here:

1 comment:

Sungopolis said...

Wow. That hat looks great on Ida! Either it is a very stretchy hat or Ida is off the charts for head circumference (i.e. big brain).