Monday, March 14, 2011

afflictions

It's not exactly like we haven't been doing anything interesting--we have, kind of--or that we lost our camera; we didn't. We've just been running around.


Besides, on Friday, which was a very nice day, Miki joined one of the parents on the bike to go pick up Ida from Tumbleweeds. It was such a nice day that the parent let the girls play in the front yard with the neighbor boy Evie for quite some time. Alas, in that time, Miki not only dabbled with but tried to eat a poisonous plant!


It was just poisonous to her face. She looked like Jojo the Dogfaced Boy or some other miscreant. The other parent was not at all happy about this. (These images, taken two days later, don't really capture the devastation, but whatev. We were too shell-shocked to document it.)


She is healing, however. And Ida took a slightly less drastic beating from this plant, but was not left unscarred.

5 comments:

Ella said...

The most shocking thing about the situation was when I saw the girls on Saturday morning and said "What's going on with the rash on my girls?" and Pete said, "What rash?"
Miki would not let me take her picture on Saturday.

Pete said...

While my wife is never wrong, let me clarify this: when Miki got up at 5 AM on Saturday morning, I was the one who got up with her. During the hour and a half we spent together, she kept saying "too bright" when I turned on lights; also, much of the time I was holding her facing outward so she could sit on my lap, drink milk, etc. and I may have been snoozing. So it is actually not shocking that I was unaware of the rash.

arthur and maggie said...

Weak, Pete, weak.

arthur and maggie said...

but thanks for a new nickname for the AB.

Sungopolis said...

Why was Evie's parent upset? Did Evie eat the plant? Is "Evie" short for anything? Like Evel Knievel?