Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Goose Lake Expedition

That's right, I went to Goose Lake with six females. I know some people think this will be the occasion for many jokes about getting "goosed"; that's gross, and I never really understood what it meant.
Anyways, it was a treacherous hike. Often the grass was taller than these baby wolves, who prowled after coyotes and ate them up.


Everyone got thirsty.


Who packed everything up and planned things and didn't tear anyone a new one even when he took a wrong turn?


As if you were there (of course, Arthur, if you were there, you could have told an offensive story about Maggie, here):


The hike out got so hot that everyone had to take off their pants!


Right before that we had a stinging nettles incident. By the way (this is a segue I learned from Mr. Vining; it covers any number of digressions), initially our plan was to go visit a ferry that Ella and Ida and DKV and Hawkins once visited, a year ago. But the water was too high this year so everything was closed down; we didn't know that, which is why we went to Goose Lake.
Earlier that day I was treated to the experience of Ella trying on all her summer pants. Then I was educated during a conversation with both Vining sisters about pants and "seat wideness" and the size of pockets and the placement of pockets, and how that might cause you or not cause you to have a "Mom butt." Ella thinks this pair is a little tight. She says it makes the pockets kind of worthless.
Maggie says she has the same pants, exactly, except she can use the pockets. Ella says this is because their bodies are different shapes. Or something. Maggie says, "unless you have hands as small as a young boy's, clever little hands like Arthur has."

Okay, the hike out was so arduous that I ran ahead and got the moving van. Here are the girls running to meet me!

Miki's getting very fast, especially in her underwear.

Vining Sisters put their pants on for the final sprint!

Strong!
The end!
Except then we went and had some super soft soft serve ice cream.

5 comments:

arthur and maggie said...

Thanks for the posting Pete! I almost feel like I was there. I am grateful to you for holding down the manly side of things while I'm gone, just so everyone knows. Also I want everyone to know I have sturdy man hands, not those of a little boy.

Tough Guy said...

One time I saw your hands and they looked kind of small and clever, like a boy's hands; it was a time when you'd uncovered them and they were of course right near your legs which are of course so trunk-like that they may have made your hands look smaller than they actually are.

Sungopolis said...

Why make Ella carry everything?

arthur and maggie said...

what happened to nino?

Anonymous said...

Someone tore someone else a new one about how repeating a homophobic joke is just as homophobic as saying it in the first place. Said new one: still healing.