Anyway, I promised you the second half of the fourth of July. Here it is! Arthur was in town and he set up the pool! (There are some very nice pictures of Ella in her swimming suit, but I can't post them here right now because I know on which side my bread is BUTTERED!
And he also got some fireworks, some of them illegal; that made Ida happy!
Miki wasn't quite so sure.
This was right around the time Ida got her new haircut:
Elsie claimed some sparks got into her eyes. What's that in Maggie's eye?
Have you heard about Eddie? Look below, and fall in love. Ida shunned the first half of her first lesson because she had a boy teacher, but now she can't talking about him. The girls run from the car, down to the pool, shouting, "Eddie! Eddie! I need you, Eddie!"
And when Eddie's teaching other lessons, Ida runs up and down the edge of the pool ("No running," the lifeguard shouts) saying "Hey Eddie, we're going to have pizza for dinner! What are you doing, Eddie?" There's Elsie, by the way. She's into Eddie, too.
Because in the past this Mountebank purchased large ones and shared! Slush puppies remind him of his youth, when his friends threw their baseball mitts in his face and socked him right in the gut!
Miki is "too little to go in the pool," but she does like to take a lot of showers while there. She also likes to watch the baby lessons, and is very curious when they do a "drowning baby" drill with the doll.
2 comments:
I was minding my own business, showering prior to my swim when your ill-mannered daughter repeatedly called me a "fat hairy boy".
Sir,
That was my niece, Theo. I apologize that she kept referring to you as the "scary boy," also. That felt quite insensitive to me, as you appear to be well into your 50s (am I right?).
Pete
Post a Comment