Monday, May 7, 2012

"My sister..."

What's up? I got some kind of karmic death-dealing illness. But the girls are fine. It's really funny how they're always talking about "My sister..." The other day Ida was eating lunch and very seriously looked across the room at me and said, "Dad, I have to tell you something very disappointing." "What's that?" I said.
"My sister won't be able to participate in the art class this summer, because she'll only be three."
Another word she's really trying on is "variety." "I think there will be a variety of cars in the parking lot at Reed College."

4 comments:

Amy said...

I still do that "my sister" / "my brother" thing, even when talking to people who know their names and identities just fine and dandy and I'll be forty in a matter of weeks. It's a sign of a nice, strong ego.

Sara said...

My brother, I am so glad you are feeling better.

Pete said...

I am not

Sara said...

I am so sad my brother is not feeling better.