Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Life of Parties

Hello, we're your hosts! For the recent Tumbleweeds "Parents' Day," the girls insisted that Ella wear "a dress and a skirt" and I wear "your blue striped shirt, with a tie, and your blue Nike shoes."

This made Miki so happy she gave us this bag which held some home-made soap and bags of tea that looked suspiciously illicit.

Should we even go into what a rascal Miki has been lately?

A few short days later, we hit the triple Theodotia/Griffith/Sara birthday party.  Ida wanted a football painted on her face.


You may recall that I had my backpack stolen by thieves at a previous party.  I've had to resort to my old green and white "P" hat, in case you were wondering.


Here's a picture of Ida taking a picture of Kaito!


And here, miracle of miracles, is that very picture!


Always classy to have Maggie on her blog.  Here she is again:


Later, Ida got bitten in the chin by a rottweiler (she's okay, and not adequately scared; I mean, she was scared for fifteen minutes, but still approaches dogs with too little fear; she said, "Daddy, I guess it really is a wild world, like Cat Stevens said.")  (She also recently said, "Daddy, everyone makes mistakes, and no one knows where they belong."

Later at the party, Arthur surprised everyone by putting on his gorilla outfit and capering about!

What's next?  Ballet performance?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pete, what an honor to be included in your blog!

Bee (Briana Hoskins) said...

Oh Ida... wise beyond your years!