Monday, August 19, 2013

Wisconsin, Wisconsin

There's just so much going on here in PDX, and yet we haven't sufficiently documented all we accomplished in Wisconsin. Let it be known that Ella worked with the girls on their gymnastics, drilling them like a sergeant:



She even donned an old wetsuit of mine to brave the cold waters:


A requisite trip to The Farm, where we met old friends...



...and made some new ones.





Yes, this is my sister Sara!  She loves The Farm!  One trip there caused us to get a beagle puppy!


Ida and Sylvia really mauled these kittens, who kept trying to escape.



Mostly I just wanted to stay at the Compound, on the lake.  And our fishing adventures were constantly beckoning.


Whoa, many people thought we would manage to avoid "Hands On" Pottery, but I girded my loins and opened my wallet, and now we have a new coffee mug and plate, painted by these ladies.



Back lakeside, they got involved in some serious business:



Harvesting seaweed, one of their favorite foods.


And yes, we'd be happy to cut Miki's bangs, or to put any kind of thing in there so she could see.  But that's not happening, so she's sheepdogging it.


A beautiful photo of Jim's wildflower field, taken by Ida:


Okay, back to business!


1 comment:

Amy said...

I asked Miki if she wanted to tell me anything about her vacation. She said, "I went swimming. like, more than one time."