Saturday, September 19, 2015

Closing out the 920/414

whoa, one of the last nights we were in the cabin my Dad brought down some of the Navy keepsakes of HIS father. Amazing. A gun with unbelievable amounts of old ammo that Ella checked out severely, a falling apart gas mask, all kinds of things. He rode a motorcycle around a gigantic ship, delivering the mail. And I think this outfit was actually his dress outfit, not what he wore while working, but it was in there, too, and I was encouraged to try it on.

Grandpa Rock was notoriously strong, but his shoulders could not have been that gigantic, I report.



Wish I could have met him, because by all reports he was an excellent man.



Wish Ida could have met him, too:



So of course yes we did go back to the s'mores before we left....



This is my "happy place."
This, too:

We made some "taffy cracks" which are actually roasted caramel and Ritz crackers.  Try it.






Skinnydipping?

Enough said.



Trip to the 920 wouldn't be complete without a little time with Bo
and Benny!




No comments: