Friday, February 6, 2009

Full Fit + Further Wisdoms of Elsie



It was really hard trying to fit these three car seats into the Honda Fit. But I did it, and got these three girls to school. It's nice; Ida and Elsie like to hold Baby Theo's hands while they ride along. Elsie has been downright revelatory lately; this is another in a series of conversations (where I'm driving and the girls are sitting behind me):

[This conversation has been redacted because someone on-line labeled it "inappropriate"; that's Elsie, for ya.]

(In a conversation yesterday Ida asserted that she was a tiger; Elsie stated that she was a boy, then changed her mind and decided to be a tiger. Ida said, "No, no, no, no." Eventually they compromised: Ida was a big tiger, Elsie was a little tiger.)


4 comments:

Willa Wren said...

Sorry to see the children's conversation labeled "inappropriate." This makes me sad. And very curious.

This is the internet! There is no such thing as inappropriate. :)

-Shane

Pete said...

I will have to tell you in person. We fear mother-in-laws, around here...but I can tell you that it will illuminate your thinking about gender and the human body. And tigers, too.

DKV said...

Holy censorship! How about just getting it all on video? And why weren't these girls wearing helmets while you were towing them in the trailer?

BTW, we're impressed that you got all those child seats in the Chariot.

arthur and maggie said...

I'd like to see how Ella fits into the FIT in her current configuration.