Then I made the questionable decision to check it all out on youtube:
"What's Cat Steven's cat's name?" Ida asks.
Her favorite song is "Where Do the Children Play"; she calls it "Jumbo Planes," however.
"The curtain went up! All his friends were behind there!"
"Baby Matthew likes Cat Stevens, he's her guy; Yusuf is my guy...but I like Cat Stevens."
"That's his friend, playing the contar! Go back to Yusuf. I like Yusuf. I like the way he looks. Good."
(*if one were to listen to Cat Stevens's "Gold," you'd realize, as we have, that he wrote pretty much all of the songs, including those attributed to the Beatles, in the twentieth century. Unbelievable.)
7 comments:
Ida's vocabulary is through the roof. Especially that last quote about the Beatles and whatnot.
So, Seamus seemed scared of Cat Stevens at first and then I realized he was just pooping. We then listened to Yusuf and he walked away to harass our dog, so I would say he's more of a Cat fan.
We did our own experiment with John John of Sesame street fame today with wild success. http://www.hulu.com/watch/87516/sesame-street-grover-and-john-john-count#play-queue
I'm not sure what to say about your childrearing experiment, but I do want to say that I am a longtime fan of the adventures of Ida/Miki VS. ____, but only recently read some of your other work. I finished "My Abandonment" last night, and it was fantastic. I look forward to not only more esoteric childrearing experiments, but reading more of your fiction as well.
Thanks, s.a.
Many believe my best writing happens here on this blog. Though not many folks have read a book.
Hey, s.a., just so you know, Tang is not the drink of choice for sociopaths.
Because Pete's sick and twisted book may have given you the wrong idea.
Also, who knew Cat Stevens is a hairy, old, ugly, DUDE? "WTF" sums up my feelings about this development.
Ella believes that Yusuf is more attractive than Cat.
Sociopaths do drink Tang, and sometimes eat it straight without even mixing in water.
Tang or no tang, I'm still waiting for the baby matthew entry!
Post a Comment