Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ichiban ("Wahri") Vining 1996 (?) - 2012 RIP

Yes, old friend, it's true.
Ida's sobbing in her bed, crying "Ichi loved me every day of my life, ever since I was born..."
He was a good friend and quite fierce for so long.
We'll miss him a lot, and remember the good times.


His early days as a street cat in Philly, his drive across the country in the Festiva, his many battles with lesser felines in Sellwood, and his glorious and toothsome later years, where he welcomed Ida and Miki to this world and taught them how to protect themselves.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sympathies from a catlover who lost her cat last year

Arthur said...

Ichi! Gone before I could say good-bye. Happy trails old scout!

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you, Itchi, even though I was very afraid of you. Say hello to Vida when you get to the great beyond...

Thanks for these great photos of Ida.

Anonymous said...

Dear, fierce Ichi - he was a cat who gave no quarter to veterinarians like myself and I respected him for it. My condolences to your family.

DKV said...

Ichi, king of the sneak attack with monkey howl, I'll miss you!

Diane Kirkland said...

Always sad, but you just can't live without 'em in your life

Diane

Sara said...

Happy Birthday, Ida!
Love, The Crazy Canuck Cousins

Sungopolis said...

Good bye, Ichiban, numero uno of felines!

I have fond memories of you clawing at my legs in an attempt to make me feed you a little faster. Remember that time I fed you the whole can of cat food because that's what you said was the norm? You old rascal.