As anonymous has so ardently pointed out, we haven't been blogging like we should. Damn. But let's go back to Father's Day, about a week ago, and recall how these dexterous and much-discussed Vining sisters--
took us berry picking. It was Father's Day. Where was Arthur? He was skiing upon the glacier of Mount Hood. He missed a good time with these ladies, I can report. Ida and Elsie horsed around and told some secrets:
Theo suffered a strange injury where her eye swelled up! Dr. Ella figured out a way to give her some benadryl in honey, and I think that problem was resolved.
The girls were also quite intent on making a hideout in the tall grass. Later, they all peed in there.
Miki? She ate a carrot. And why no pictures of actual berry picking? I don't know. We scored a lot of berries and then we sneaked out and had this delicious Father's Day lunch.
Later, at home, the girls got really all into how they wouldn't take a bath, but they would do it outside. Considering that it was about fifty degrees, this was impressive.
Eventually they coldened on down and decided to a) take a warm bath, and b) wash my feet. Just like baby Jesuses.
It's nice to have your feet washed by your daughters on Father's Day, let me tell you, Arthur.
By the next morning, Ida had cooled toward me, some, but more about that later on:

2 comments:
Um. So are you a leper? a hooker with a heart of gold? a discipline of Ida & Miki wisdom? Do tell.
good questions. I think the truth was that I arbitrarily said "If you get in the bathtub inside you can wash my feet!" and for some reason that worked on them.
Post a Comment