Last weekend the weather report promised 64 degrees on the coast. Ella bought it. So right after Ida's intense gymnastics class, we were on the road!
The girls of course have no sense of bitter cold. The temperature hovered in the forties, while the brutal, slicing wind made it feel like the twenties or teens. Fortunately, that wind was good for kite flying. The kite had an M on it, so the girls decided it's name was "Metroman." No idea. Why.
"This is the best day ever!" Ida said. "Aren't you glad we came to the beach? Thanks for bringing us to the beach!"
There were a lot of mechanical and engineering setbacks as we tried to make castles, but people took them pretty much in stride.
"Mama told me it would be freezing cold, so I was 90 sure that it would be freezing and then it wasn't so cold! Because she told me that! Because I thought it was going to be like ice water, like I like to drink!"
No comments:
Post a Comment