Monday, June 10, 2013

Leaping Lamb Farmstay!

YES, thanks to Ella, we went down to magnificent Alsea and stayed overnight at the Leaping Lamb Farmstay.  This, by the way, is Paco, who's kind of the mascot of LLF.  He's some kind of miniature donkey.  And yes, Baby Matthew decided to come along, for old times' sake!

Given this situation, where one pays money to help out on a farm, we worked very, very hard.

We also fed the sheep.  The girls missed no chance to remind Scottie, owner of LLF, that I, in fact, once worked on a farm.  Or maybe they said I was in charge of a farm.  IN any case, I acquitted myself phenomenally.  (And Ida had no hesitance to remind everyone "I'm very good with animals.")


Whoa.

Overnight, that bad horse Tater got into the barn and pooped everywhere.  Fortunately, we were able to scoop and clean everything up.


Rule #1:  Keep your mouth shut when shoveling poop.


Ida worked very hard to get close to these sheep.



We also got lots of farm-fresh produce.


And Pea-Diddy the peacock dropped in to steal bird seed from our feeder.



That there, above, is Tater, the very bad horse!  The girls loved him, but also wanted to be certain he was punished for his behavior.  That's Dutch Boy, down there.  A very interesting turkey indeed.



And then on the way home we scaled the mighty Mary's Peak, highest peak in the coast range.  The girls alternately hated and loved this one.  More on that, later...


No comments: