Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Friends, strolling

All around the verdant neighborhood of Eastmoreland, gossips whisper behind curtains, whole softball teams are distracted, and young boys begin to cry as these beauties stroll past.



So far, Ida is keeping the roots of her hair in her head by sleeping with an expression of fierce concentrataion:



See, she does not always look demonic like in that hiccoughing photo that Ella doesn't like...

8 comments:

DKV said...

1. That's a nice periwinkle ensemble you have going there.
2. Did that house across the street get torn down?
3. Ida is a bit lacking in the aryan department compared to her Rockousins.

Pete said...

1. In fact, her stroller is periwinkle. I'm impressed at your knowledge of baby colors--fatherhood has made you all growed up.

2. Gone. They're building three houses on that each(triple) lot that--astoundingly--cost more than your house.

3. As my brother said, "She looks quite a bit different than my albino babies."

Pete said...

4. Or do you mean she's a bit lacking in the aryan department compared to DHV?

Anonymous said...

I think she somehow looks just like both her parents. Which is odd since her father is somewhat of an albino and her mother is a swarthy.

DKV said...

4. The record shows that I referred to the Rockousins - not the Vinousins. DHV is also lacking in the aryan department compared to the Rockousins.

Jim said...

I can't help but concur with everything everyone is saying; provided, however, that, for further avoidance of doubt, it is noted that that neither the orange-haired boy adjacent to the monkey, nor the orange-haired monkey adjacent to the boy, is mine. The only orange-haired monkey on this entire blog that is mine is the one wearing yellow sunglasses.

DKV said...

I think that's actually an orangutan. I learned this from the Planet of the Apes series. I believe the first one premiered when Pete was 20.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe I recall that program on the old black and white. It came on right after my favorite show about Lucille Ball. That's before shows like The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son and One Day at a Time wrecked the airwaves. And that baby vs. orangutan is a girl, for the record. Actually, I liked One Day at a Time. And I can't believe Valerie Bertinelli and Eddie Van Halen broke up.