
In our ongoing series discussing seminal figures in Ida's life, it's time to discuss the return of Uncle Arthur!
I mean, you should witness how delighted Ida was to see him; she squealed and stamped her little feet. And last night she and Elsie were climbing around upon his fine form. Had I been taking pictures, I'd have captured that image, for certain.
Anyway, it's true that he's going to drink all the beer, but it's nice that (hopefully) he's going to do some daycare drop-offs, pick-ups. Because I have been singing E-I-E-I-O with those girls twice a day, and also hearing all about Daddy Pete and Uncle Arthur from them both. It's just way too much responsibility to have two families. For me, anyway.
It's true that that's a funny picture; since I'm not taking photos, these days, I'm left with what I can find on the web. And he's a dude with a lot of different looks. For example, "Friendly Sideburner":

and "Deviltron":
4 comments:
that is some kind of portrait, there!
Long hair = sexy.
Super long hair = super sexy.
a few weeks ago i was in a bookstore in colorado looking over an issue of mcsweeney's and saw that uncle arthur had a story in it. i got really excited about this and wanted to tell the guy next to me "hey, i've seen lots of pictures of that guy's daughter on the internet!" but fortunately thought better of it before opening my mouth...
I think it's time to resurrect the camera.
Post a Comment