Monday, January 3, 2011

The Robe

For a long time Ida has really envied Elsie's shark robe.

So she was delighted (

) to open her Christmas gift from GrandmaToko and find her very own robe with rainbow accents on the pockets!



She even let Miki touch it!


About a week later I was at the Mt. Scott Community Center pool with Arthur (he picked up some dude's banana hammock from the floor, then gave it to me the next morning when I was picking up the girls for school, obliviously or sincerely saying "Is this yours? I washed it for you" when he'd just been swimming with me and I'd clearly been wearing Trunks!) and ida and Theo and Elsie, and when the robes got all busted out, Elsie started saying "But I don't like my shark robe anymore! I want a robe with rainbow pockets!" and Arthur said "Maybe GrandmaToko will make you one when you grow out of your shark robe," a comment that was passed on to G-Toko by Ella.

G-Toko said, "Ahh, so much WORK! I don't know if I can make another robe."

1 comment:

Sungopolis said...

Poor G-Toko,

I know just how she feels.