First off, let me reassure you: Ida Akiko Rock is fine! But in her three days of life her bilirubin level has been rising--she's got the jaundice, like so many early babies. Right now it's "borderline"; we had the option of keeping her home and worrying for four days or going overnight under the bright lights. So stay tuned!
So she's going to spend one night under the bright lights, just like her Dad did back in 1967--

and just like her cousin Elsie did (that's Elsie, not me) back in January. You will recall from my first post that Elsie is visiting. Many people are curious how these young cousins will fare as they grow up together, attending Duniway Elementary School. Will Elsie protect little Ida? Or will Ida grow to be as big as Elsie? Will they be inseparable, or difficult to tell apart? For now, Elsie is twice as big, not quite as yellow, and sports a "tri-hawk" hair-do.
2 comments:
'bout time. What a kyoo-teee. Oh, and the baby's pretty good-lookin' too. Welcome to the world, little Ida Mae (I can't help it if your parents messed up your middle name - don't fret, I will stubbornly insist on your proper handle). By the way, no pressure or anything but if you turn out okay then I too may consider a bun in the oven. No pressure. I'll be monitoring the blog on a regular basis to check on your progress.
We miss you Ida! Maggie, Elsie, and I are currently waiting in PDX airport for our red-eye home after leaving the Vining/Rock family at the hospital. When we get home we are all going to sleep under UV lights to show solidarity for little Ida. Elsie says, "don't sweat it, Cuz..."
Post a Comment