Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Return to Cute AND an Angry Refutation



In reading some of the comments on this blog, I am struck by a number along the lines of "Are you sure P. Rock is the father?" "Maybe Ida is an ERV clone" and "Pete is not the father." These are extremely hurtful things to suggest. Am I to blame that both my wife and my daughter are far more attractive than I? Why would Ida show me such tenderness if she were not my daughter?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm really sorry. She's obviously your daughter and quite beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Excuse-moi Pete, but I am afriad to inform you, zat I am zee father of zis child. It is tres obvious, of course. Merci, Laurent

Anonymous said...

Howdy, I believe I am actually the father of that there lil' gal. Got to go birding, now. Thanks.

DKV said...

That Laurent comment is low.
Maybe the confusion stems from Ida's great size. I was expecting someone more gerbil-sized, like a baby that could fit in the palm of my hand...

Pete said...

Did I say hurtful? Yes, I did. Hurtful. Laurent, I don't care if you played American football.

Anonymous said...

These comments are something else! Brutal!! Ida's paternity is irrelevant, as long as she has Pete as her father.

Sungopolis said...

Pete, don't pay any attention to these varmints from France and Nebraska (one suspects they are actually Deep Springers out to rile you).

Jim said...

I don't see a problem. Phoebe and I aren't biologically related either and there has never been a lack of tenderness between us. The only cause for concern is your raising the issue in this quasi-public forum: you keep pushing for answers and you'll end up with a DNA test and Larry Birkhead will deny you visitation.